A Proustite who prays to God, asking him to bless her Job i.e. to sleep with more men for money, does not receive help from God. The fact that she made good money that day after prayers doesn’t mean it was God that answered her prayers. She was just being lucky and that’s it. When we talk of divine intervention, we are referring a state whereby God helps a man at his lowest point of weakness. Men may fail you but God will never fail.
10 Characteristics Of Divine Intervention
1. It is has already been promised
Psalm 91:14-15. Answered prayer is promised – Matthew 7: 7, Mark 11:24, John 15: 16, Jeremiah 33: 3. If God has not promise to intervene when we face difficult times, we will have no permission to ask for it. God’s promises and blessings were made available for your sake. It is your special privilege. You are not permitted to ask for anything that is not in line with the will of God as stated in the Bible.
- Divine health has been promised
- Deliverance is also promised.
- The Grace to prosper is promised.
- Favour is promised
- Good living is promised
2. It is given to us for a reason
Every good and perfect gift that comes from the lord, comes with a reason. It was intentional from God. We are expected to glorify God for everything we receive from him. Every miracle that is been done today, is done to bring glory to God’s name and to advance the cause of the kingdom. Divine intervention come to use so as to see God as our all-in-all.
READ MORE: List of blessings from God in the bible
3. It is clean
Just like a said above, God will never gift us problem for solution. Getting involved in unholy means to get solutions to our problems has never been in the thoughts of God. When you venture into immoral acts, ungodly activities, etc, God will not bring help to you because you are already doing it all by yourself.
4. It is powerful
Divine intervention is so powerful that nothing can stop it from manifesting. The moment when God stretches his hand to deliver, nothing can turn it backwards. Age is not a barrier. distance is not also a barrier, the magnitude of the problem doesn’t intimidate God, time is not a factor with God.
5. It is peculiar in nature
Your problem is never strange before God, he has his way of solving every challenges you may be facing. Jesus used several methods to heal people in the bible. He may not use the same method to heal the same problem in two different people. Recall that in the bible, He once healed a blind man by laying His hands on him, another time, He spat on the ground, mixed mud, rubbed it on a blind man’s eyes and asked him to go to the pool and wash. So if you are expecting God to heal you the same way he healed your neighbor, You shouldn’t anymore; allow him to do it his way.
READ MORE: List Of Abominations In The Bible
6. It is sometimes progressive
Divine intervention may not happen at once all the time; sometimes divine intervention may be instantaneous, and sometimes it is progressive. We see in Mark 8: 22-26 (the account of the healing of another blind man in phases), The man Jesus prayed for, at first, he was seeing men walking as trees. And then the Lord had to touch him the second time before his vision was restored completely. This same principal can apply to you in any way.
Your Divine intervention can come to you in phases. Just allow God to do it his own way. However, you will require patience.
7. It requires your faith too
The extent to which you are confident in God’s ability over your situation, the better things will turn out for you. You can shut his out with unbelieve. Without faith nothing moves. Without faith nothing happens. Without faith nothing changes. It may be a simple act of obedience, a step of faith, a vow, a seed, etc.
8. It all depends on God’s timing
Divine intervention takes place at God’s own time, not usually at the time you expect in most cases. It took Jesus after four days to bring Lazarus back to life in contrast to the quick-time men wanted it. You may grow weary when you fix time for God to do things. Except God specifically tells you when He wants to help you, don’t fix time for yourself. Remain steadfast and unmovable.
READ MORE: Books of The Bible In Alphabetical Order
9. It is perfect and complete
When Jesus was at the tomb of Lazarus, he requested for Just one thing: that God should bring back Lazarus back from the dead. And instantly, according to the words of Jesus, he was healed of the sickness that killed him. He was raised bound but Jesus commanded that he be loosed and released.
• He will surely perfect everything that concerns you (Psalm 138: 8).
• He will not give you a husband and not give you children.
• He will not give you skills and leave you jobless.
• He will not give you a shop without goods, nor will He give you goods without customers.
• He will not give children without giving money to feed them and pay their school fees.
• He will not give you a vision without provision.
• Don’t settle for half measures. Your present location is not your final destination. God’s desire for you is to be complete in all things. King Hezekiah once protested that he would not be robbed of the residue of his years. You will not be robbed of your peace, promotion, home, joy, etc.
• God does not want you to be a spiritual success and be a financial failure.
• He does not want you to be a public success and be a private failure.
• He does not want you to be economically successful and be a marital disaster.
• He does not want you to be a millionaire with a disease-ravaged body.
God will begin to balance your life in all things.
10. It is for ever
God told the Israelites, saying; “…for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more forever.” Affliction shall not rise up a second time (Nahum 1: 9). The Egyptian army were all destroy in accordance to God’s word. That was divine intervention at work. All you need to do is turn to God for help, he will surely come to your rescue.
Bishop Dr. Charles Olowojoba is the General Overseer of Dayspring Bible Church Worldwide with HQ in Abuja, Nigeria & President, Dayspring Christian Ministries Int’l.
e.mail: [email protected]
Help lines: 08035150515, 08054224779, 08036387989