Awakening The Spiritual Deposit In You (Romans 12:3-8)
Awakening is rousing from sleep. A revival of religion or more general attention to religious matters than usual. Therefore awakening the spiritual deposits in you implies that one has been in a state of spiritual slumber or sleep as regards the spiritual gifts God has deposited and needed to be aroused into spiritual action or activity.
Every day can be an exciting adventure for the Christian who knows the reality of being filled with the Holy Spirit and who lives consistently, moment by moment under His gracious direction.
Who Are You in God’s Kingdom? What has God called you to do that you are not doing? We have deviated from our calling and wallowing in other people’s gifts.
God gave every man a different set of instructions for his particular calling, function, and dream. Mike Murdock, in his book The Young Minister’s Handbook, ‘Just as God told Oral Roberts to build a City of Faith.
He may tell you to build a Home for Abused Children’ Concentrate on discerning your particular theme and Call, that God wants you to accomplish with your life. How do you know what God has deposited in you to do? By whatever creates the strongest emotion within you.
Do you become angry over abortion? This may be your cause. Are you fearful of political ideology? God may give you a message with a political influence. Does Child Abuse grieve you? God may want you to get involved in this area.
What truly excites you THE MOST? What Energies do you have? What subject would you rather talk about than any other subject? This will reveal your calling. Your greatest interest reveals your calling.
As you develop the ability to sever all alternatives and give total focus and concentration to that which interests you the most, you will discover incredible, remarkable, success.
It is extremely important that you get along with God, discern His instructions, and give yourself to them in TOTAL FOCUS. Whatever call God has put in you, concentrate on fulfilling the will of God. Anywhere your calling is, it is a harvest field. Concentrate on sowing in your present circumstances and do not dabble in another’s calling.
“The will of God is like a puzzle, it arrives in pieces”Mike Murdock
Seven Golden Secrets To Awakening Your Spiritual Deposits
- 1. Discern your particular Calling
- 2. Consult the experienced
- 3. Develop daily success habits which will take you to your destination
- 4. Study fresh material… Keep fresh in your studies.
- 5. Spend designated time in prayer each day.
- 6. Keep physically fit through a routine of exercises
- 7. Be teachable and willing to change.
5 THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT GOD’S CALLING AND GIFTS
Do you struggle to believe God has called you to use your gifts? Finding our purpose and calling can be a challenge. When it comes to spiritual gifts we are often far more concerned with what we think we can do, rather than what God can do.
Discovering your spiritual gifts is part of knowing God’s calling for your life and trusting God in the process of ministry is part of a deeper life with God.
“God doesn’t call the equipped. He equips the called” author unknown, Identifying and growing in our spiritual gifts /calling is part of God’s equipping process as we prepare to do things He has called us to do.
You have a gift When it comes to calling and gifts we are often far more concerned with what we think we can do. It is important to remember there is a big difference between a Spiritual gift and a talent.
Talents are part of our personality. It is a natural aptitude, an inner quality that emerges effortlessly. Natural talents are abilities to do special things (given to everyone). Unlike talent, Skill is an acquired ability learned with effort.
When God calls, whether or not we have a gift is not the issue. The Lord said to him, who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it, not I, the Lord? Now then go, and I even I will be with your mouth and teach you what you are to say. (Exodus 4:11-12)
When it comes to our calling and gifts, it is easy to focus on why we can’t rather than on how God can, We forget that He has promised to provide for us in the process.
Don’t Give In To Fear.
God has not given us the spirit of fear, especially when it comes to using our gifts. Yet so often, some form of fear or discouragement can derail our desire to boldly answer God’s call.”
For this reason, remind you to awaken or kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and discipline 2 Tim 1:6-7.
1 Tim 1:7 speaks to this timidity we can slam into when it comes to using our gifts. Every gift from God-it is His and takes pleasure in seeing His skills come alive in the unique personality of every one of His children.
Use Your Gifts
It is so easy to get twisted around when it comes to serving God with your gifts. Somehow we get disconnected from the body with all its variety.
Our attention pulls inward as we compare our abilities, evaluate our performance, and measure our opportunities. Vision veers off-center from releasing our gift to the glory of God, and we find ourselves holding back.
It’s All About Him
God called us not because of what we have done or what we can do. Each gift comes with His purpose of grace. We don’t have to make it happen all on our own.
We have to Dance in our gift through a partnership of faith, for it is…
His Gift; His Calling, His Purpose, His Grace use your gifts, discover them and share them. Ours is to Learn and Obey, Love and Listen, Wait and Follow, Release and Rejoice. “Ginger Harrington”
Knowing your calling, developing it, and using your gift is serious business. The real meat and potatoes are, you walk with God, you pray, you obey, and do the best you can to know your calling.
Romans 12:4-5. Are you operating in one of the listed:
1. Administration: The ability to help steer the church, or a ministry, toward the successful completion of God-given goals, with skills in planning, supervision, and organization.
2. Apostle: A person sent to new places with the gospel. A missionary. An Apostle can also provide leadership and offer advice to other churches on spiritual matters.
3. Discernment: The wisdom to recognize truth from untruth by correctly evaluating whether a behavior or teaching is from God or another, ungodly source.
4. Evangelism: The ability to successfully communicate the gospel’s message. especially to nonbelievers.
5. Exhortation: Competence in offering encouragement, comfort, and support to help someone be all that God wants them to be.
6. Faith: People with this gift have such great confidence in the power and promises of God that they can stand firm in their belief. They can also stand for the church to defend and move it forward.
7. Giving: Those who have this gift are particularly willing and able to share what resources they have with pleasure and without the need to see them returned.
8. Healing: A capability used by God to restore others, be that physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually.
9. Helps: Someone with this gift is able to support or assist members of the body of Christ so that they may be free to minister to others.
10. Hospitality: A natural ability to make people-even strangers feel welcome in one’s home or church as a means to disciple or serve.
11. Knowledge: This is the gift of someone who actively pursues knowledge of the Bible. This person may also enjoy analyzing biblical data.
12. Leadership: This aptitude marks a person who is able to stand before a church, direct the body with care and attention, and motivate them toward achieving the church’s goals.
13. Mercy: This is the defining trait of a person with great sensitivity for those who are suffering. It manifests itself in offering compassion and encouragement, and in a love for giving practical help to someone in need.
14. Prophecy: The ability to speak the message of God to others. This sometimes involves foresight or visions of what is to come. This skill should be used only to offer encouragement or warning,
15. Serving: A talent for identifying tasks needed for the body of Christ and using available resources to get the job done.
16. Speaking In Tongues: The supernatural ability to speak in another language (one that has not been learned).
17. Teaching: The skill to teach from the Bible and communicate it effectively for the understanding and spiritual growth of others.
18. Wisdom: The gift of sorting through facts and data to discover what needs to be done for the church.
Neglect, not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy… Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.1 Timothy 4:14-15.
We should make full proof of the spiritual gift in us not neglecting it. Fan them back to life by redeeming the time for the days are evil. Make hay while the sun shines.
If peradventure you have gone out of the way, then it is time to rededicate your life and be in a relationship with the Lord Jesus. And if you have not established a relationship with Him, now is the time. Repent and be born again. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
The time is ticking, any of the above you find yourself, pray that the Lord will keep you and guide you
GOD BLESS YOU ALL Sermon taught by PST. SUSAN AIGBEDION at Jesus Cash Winning Ministry Quiz Show